HWBC Weekly Roundup
- This letter that F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote his daughter, which I somehow came across this week
- Gary Shteyngart won’t blurb your book… except when he will
- A publication ALL ABOUT SNACKS called Snacks Quarterly, which is superb
- Which poet are you? I’m Louise Glück, which made me very happy obviously
In need of a Monday pick-me-up? Take 10 minutes and watch Rachel Fershleiser’s TEDx talk, “Why I heart the Bookternet" and I guarantee you’ll be full of optimism and sunshine.
1. That dress, those tights.
2. How can I achieve this level of public speaking excellence?
Aw thanks! Please, Pollyanna out with me on the great stuff authors, bookstores, and publishers are doing to embrace internet communities.
Excellent talk by excellent person rachelfershleiser, who created this Tumblr (and talks about it in the above video)!
Jen Doll at Housing Works Bookstore, 4/15/14
And Jenn Doll continued her April residency here at Housing Works. Up next, finally, her own launch party for Save the Date: The Occasional Mortifications of a Serial Wedding Guest on May 1!
Kathleen Hale at Housing Works Bookstore, 4/15/14
Kathleen Hale, author of No One Else Can Have You, was charming and hilarious at last night’s panel of first-time authors. We have signed copies here, come get one! Her signature is pretty much the best signature ever. You’ll see.
Finally! More Fictitious Dishes! And it’s a book! Here: The Metamorphasis.
Allen Crawford’s “Whitman Illuminated: Song of Myself”
Join Allen and friends here on May 27 for Whitman Illuminated: Song of Myself with Allen Crawford!
From WONDERLAND by Stacey D’Erasmo.
Stacey is amazing and we are launching this book on May 6: Largehearted Lit: Featuring Stacey D’Erasmo in Conversation with Elissa Schappell
Stuff We like
- “There are two main perils when it comes to writing from personal experience: what it will do to...”