Alison Espach, author of The Adults, is holding a writing contest in conjunction with I Like Your New Glasses! Rules below, check out the full details and spill your lovelorn guts on her blog, Other Things.
Winner of the NICE BRAIDS writing contest gets one free and signed copy of Aryn Kyle’s book, and your short piece will be read on stage at the “I Like Your New Glasses” event on Oct 13, either by you (if you are NYC-based) or by one of us (if you live in New Mexico).
To enter NICE BRAIDS, please:
1. Subscribe to Other Things
2. Check out and “like” Aryn Kyle’s blog
3. Describe your elementary school crush in less than 25 words and post below in comments section. Do not use full names; first names only.
The best description wins. “Best” will be determined by Aryn Kyle herself.
Contest closes Oct 12. Winner will be announced Oct 13 here. Check back in for results (and the release of my own school portrait. Yes, there is a braid).
- shoeboxundermybed reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- shoeboxundermybed likes this
- courtashaw likes this
- ebethreads reblogged this from housingworksbookstore and added:
- defiled likes this
- kenluong likes this
- housingworksbookstore posted this
Stuff We like
A girl gave me her number last night and told me that we “have to hang out” and then she revealed...
“I lifted the steaming coffee to my lips, breathing in the bitter aroma and feeling the warmth...”