- MONDAY, December 12, The MothShop Showcase
Featuring the best of The MothShop Community Education Program. $5 suggested donation at the door.
- TUESDAY, December 13, The Moth StorySLAM, Theme: Ancestors
10 stories, 3 teams of judges, 1 winner. $8 at the door. This event always sells out. Limited seating. Please arrive early.
- WEDNESDAY, December 14, The Lit Mag Office Party with Slice magazine, Lapham’s Quarterly, and The Coffin Factory
Our favorite local literary magazines emerge from basements and borrowed offices for a traditionally awkward holiday party, complete with white-elephant gift exchange and fueled by sponsor Sixpoint Craft Ales. This is going to be pretty stupid-fun. It’s a free party with cheap beer and awesome nerds. Win-win-win.
- THURSDAY, December 15 we are closed for a private event.
- FRIDAY, December 16, Friday Night Happy Hour
The return of The Hunger Games: Friday Night Happy Hour! Great drink specials and good company, 4–8PM in our cafe. It’s not really called The Hunger Games I just find that name for it endlessly amusing.
- And this weekend, Sunday, December 18, not only are we open late, until 7PM, but it’s my favorite event of the year, What the Dickens? Second Annual A Christmas Carol Marathon Reading.
More to come on this, but here’s the rundown: members of the New York City Masters Chorale will be warming us up with Christmas carols starting at noon; an amazing lineup of readers will read the story starting at 1PM and probably wrapping up around 4PM or so; we’ll have holiday treats like mulled wine and cider and cookies in our cafe; the whole store is 10% off (as it is all month, 30% for members). Stop in for a minute to warm up or stay and relax for the whole story.
- housingworksbookstore posted this
Stuff We like
“Logan is not just broody and slightly rude/chip on his shoulder, he is a TOTAL PSYCHOTIC ASSHOLE in...”
“I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.”