It’s a HUGE week here. Seriously, damn.
- TONIGHT, doors at 6:30PM
A WILD Night with Sugar and The Rumpus, starring Cheryl Strayed and presented in collaboration with McNally Jackson.
It’s finally here! So much awesome, but this this event is very much SOLD OUT. There will be no tickets available at the door.
- Tuesday, March 27, 7PM, Free
Conversations on Practice: Patti Smith with Glenn Kurtz, presented in collaboration with McNally Jackson
This event is free and open to the public. Seating is limited, and available on a first-come, first-served basis. A portion of book sales will benefit Housing Works’ in our mission to fight AIDS and homelessness. (Read: It’s going to be awesome and therefore crowded! Prepare! But please don’t get here before 6PM or so as we won’t be set up yet.)
- Wednesday, March 28, 7PM, Free
Hidden Treasure: Launch Party and Presentation from Blast Books and the National Library of Medicine
A Time Out New York critics’ pick! Michael Sappol, Mark Dery, Zoe Beloff, and Sport Murphy will talk about dentists’ hand silhouettes, the film Plastic Reconstruction of the Face (1918), and malaria pinup calendars (1945), just a few selections from the new book, Hidden Treasure, published by Blast Books and showcasing astonishing and rare books and objects from the National Library of Medicine. Complimentary wine will be served.
- No happy hour this week; we will be closing for a private event. (It’s wedding season! Fear not, happy hour is turning into happy DAY which means exactly what it sounds like, come summer hours…)
Stuff We like
- Lazy self-indulgent review of an experience
I woke up at 5 and couldn’t fall back asleep and I...
- “Girls are trained to say, ‘I wrote this, but it’s probably really stupid.’ Well, no, you wouldn’t...”