TB Your books are very, very funny. Why?
DA The books are constructed of interlocking set pieces, and the set pieces are often defined by particular moments of physical violence or self-abasement, a rise and fall of pain and suffering. What could be funnier than that?
Antrim’s three novels have all recently been reissued. Elect Mr. Robinson for a Better World will be available June 5th.
YES. I’ve read Hundred Brothers and Elect Mr. Robinson and will read Verificationist soon and they are both exactly as he describes, and funny, and you should also read them because it remains a mystery to me how this dude is not more well-known. The worlds he writes are fantastical in this terrifying way because they’re not unbelievable; you’re like, “oh yes, this insanely violent thing seems like something a person would do,” but also it’s funny. Just read the books.
- papercavalier reblogged this from picadorbookroom
- cutiemaryjane30 likes this
- shawna-yimanovich likes this
- aschoonm likes this
- berezina likes this
- teamsweeting reblogged this from picadorbookroom and added:
- housingworksbookstore reblogged this from picadorbookroom and added:
- gabrielle-gantz reblogged this from picadorbookroom
- gabrielle-gantz likes this
- picadorbookroom posted this
Stuff We like
“Logan is not just broody and slightly rude/chip on his shoulder, he is a TOTAL PSYCHOTIC ASSHOLE in...”
“I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.”