Free, 7PM, you know the drill.
- TONIGHT! We’re hosting a comedy and music extravaganza in celebration of the new Lowbrow Reader Reader with Wyatt Cenac, who you might know from a small program The Daily Show, Supercute! (featuring Rachel Trachtenburg) and Adam Green (of the Moldy Peaches), plus comedy legend Professor Irwin Corey.
- Tomorrow! Ask Roulette is back with Felix Salmon, blogger for Reuters; Dan Rollman, co-founder of RecordSetter; Comedian Negin Farsad of The Muslims are Coming; and house band Michael Leviton. Ask Roulette is an unscripted conversation in which participants ask and answer questions of each other in front of a live audience. That sounds kind of creepy but it’s crazy awesome, trust me.
- Friday: It’s finally here. Happy hour becomes HAPPY DAY. In honor of the heralded publishing tradition of “Summer Fridays” we’re running our happy hour specials all day long on Fridays throughout the summer. Beer buckets for as low as $10, bottles of wine for $15, board games, sandwiches, books, do it.
- Sunday: It’s finally here! A summer tradition, the Open Air Street Fair takes over Crosby Street with dollar books, music, movies and more; thrift finds from our neighbor Housing Works Thrifts, including special picks from Refinery 29; live music from Two Boots Americana Jamboree; and treats from our food truck friends at Red Hook Lobster Pound, Taïm, Coolhaus, and Kimchi Taco Truck.
- sweet-n-savory likes this
- corinthe likes this
- glass10 likes this
- acdelion likes this
- courtashaw likes this
- wnyc likes this
- k4r1ss4 likes this
- thecopia likes this
- serendipityschild likes this
- the-sunny-side reblogged this from housingworksbookstore and added:
- womaninterrupted likes this
- leewenzkie said: wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhaat !
- abeetlesblog likes this
- housingworksbookstore posted this
Stuff We like
“Logan is not just broody and slightly rude/chip on his shoulder, he is a TOTAL PSYCHOTIC ASSHOLE in...”
“I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.”