This week at Housing Works Bookstore Cafe: tickets are still available to the New York Times-approved bookstore opera of Weimar Germany, A Weimar Flute (three performances, tonight 6/11, Thursday 6/14, and Monday 6/18); and tomorrow we’re Moth-ing and welcoming Glen Hansard (sold out! but tickets still available to his 6/29 Beacon show) in the same night, because why not? All the awesome! Happy day this week is from 10AM to 5PM on Friday.
Heads up, this also means we close at 5 or 6PM most days this week for events. BUT! Please join us when we are wide open on SUNDAY for the GIANT Lit Mag Fair, one of our favorite annual events and a great time to catch up with your favorite lit mags and find new loves.
- mysteryatbbd reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- lf9 likes this
- aooash89 likes this
- revistas-antigas reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- travelingmountains reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- apieceofhome reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- moth-stories reblogged this from housingworksbookstore and added:
- mothbrandon likes this
- berezina likes this
- lord-kitschener likes this
- housingworksbookstore posted this
Stuff We like
Little girl: I like books because they’re like the stories in my head … but better… and with more...
- ohmywalkers said:Gimme some recs for post-grad books, please! I'm looking for books about characters trying to figure out the Grown Up thing. I really loved Gayle Forman's Just One Day/Just One Year set, Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan, and Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.
This is such a good category of book! Though not a huge one. Here are a few of our favorites: