"Shouldn’t writing a book be about creating the best user experience for the reader and honoring the art of story? I’d like to think the latter. We need more art, more stories. Self publishing seems to be a great enabler of this (and the creative class), but damn Amazon, you sure know how to take a great feeling and turn it sour."
Very smart article. Everyone read.
- mylife-inbooks reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- thesemotherfuckersarenotalldead likes this
- curmudgeonlaine likes this
- mirrorsonthefloor reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- cibari likes this
- 13331nanners likes this
- themonicabird likes this
- saviorscissors likes this
- lalunetteprismatique likes this
- beardykraken likes this
- lookingglassbooks reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- essentialtrash likes this
- onehundreddollars likes this
- gregorychatman likes this
- browsery likes this
- space-or-bust likes this
- holdenmacphillips likes this
- postcardsfromprinceton likes this
- inpizza-wetrust likes this
- housingworksbookstore posted this
Stuff We like
- embarrassedandsorry said:Fuck you for spoiling Gone Girl. I spent real dollars on your book only to get to page 94 and stop reading it, because I now hate you. Which is ironic because the chapter that contains the spoiler is discussing how likability of a character is unrelated to literary worth.
Let me know your PayPal address and I will refund the purchase price of the book, but Gone Girl...