I’m headed to Florida for the next week to bask in the abundant central a/c and float around in my parents’ pool, so the Tumblr will be pretty quiet. HEADS UP, I’ll miss you guys too. Here are some things to remember:
- Housing Works is closed all day on July 4 because we like to go to BBQs too.
- Housing Works is closed all day July 6 for a private event BUT
- Monthly Sale Saturday July 7 and Sunday July 8! 30% off everything!
- Then Monday, July 9 though Sunday, July 15 it’s the Summer Fiction Sale! 30% off all the non-truths, including children’s lies, young adult fake stories, and graphic novels full of lying pictures. Stories!
- On Monday, July 9 we host The Truth About Microloans: A Conversation About the Realities of Microfinance with Hugh Sinclair, David Roodman, and Simon Constable. There will be free wine to help you accept said truths.
- Tuesday, July 10 is The Moth StorySLAM! Line up early.
- Then I’ll be back here to post whale things, but you should go ahead and come pick up your copy of Travels in Siberia (Half off! Thanks Picador!) to get ready for our travel writing book club with The Innocents Abroad on Saturday, July 14 at 11:30AM aka brunch o’clock.
Stuff We like
“I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.”
This Week's Readings
MONDAY: Book launch for Lisa Hanawalt’s My Dirty Dumb Eyes, a...