This Week at HWBC:
Today through April 30th celebrate National Poetry Month with 30% off all poetry, poet biographies, and prose written by poets!
Then stay tonight for Noteworthy: A Conversation with Women at the Forefront of the NYC Arts Programming Community, co-presented with GreenHouse and Joe’s Pub at the Public Theater. This panel moderated by the New York Post's Elisabeth Vincentelli features women programmers and artistic directors from Celebrate Brooklyn!, SummerStage, Japan Society, and Joe's Pub.
Tomorrow, Black Balloon Publishing’s Buzz Poole talks with celebrated Croatian novelist Robert Perisic about Perisic’s new book Our Man in Iraq.
Wednesday night come celebrate the launch of the spring 2013 issue of American Poet with readings from Sophie Cabot Black, Cynthia Cruz, and Rachel Eliza Griffiths.
Then on Thursday, a launch of a different kind, this time for comedian Ophira Eisenberg's new memoir Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy. Wine and cheese will be served!
Finally on Saturday from 1-4, as National Poetry Month comes to a close, come to Song of Myself, a marathon reading of Walt Whitman’s “Song of Myself” from the 1891 edition of Leaves of Grass.
- sswslitinmotion likes this
- electricpinklightening reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- as-we-get-older reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- aseriousbibliophile reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- madeejoy likes this
- aseriousbibliophile likes this
- nerdwithheels likes this
- urskahp3 likes this
- mutant-supremacy reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- youngandsailing reblogged this from housingworksbookstore
- greekinevitability likes this
- writing-dreamers likes this
- childofwealth likes this
- blizbean likes this
- lalunetteprismatique likes this
- ljdigital likes this
- theroguefeminist likes this
- housingworksbookstore posted this