"I have to use up all three options?” Frank asked, after attempting to fuck all three choices on his first try. Klausner—her red bob sleek, her black dress low-cut—gave Frank a crash course in two of her specialties: Fuck/Marry/Kill protocol and young adult novels. Claudia Kishi of The Babysitters Club, she explained, was “quirky”; Jessica Wakefield, of Sweet Valley High, “alpha”; Margaret, of Are You There God?, “normal.” Under Klausner’s guidance, Frank wisely chose to kill Claudia, marry Jessica, and fuck Margaret."
Molly Fischer, Julie Klausner, and The Baffler all nailed it.
This week at Housing Works Bookstore Cafe! Enjoy a full slate of events before we take a break for the holiday party season; but don’t worry, the whole store is 10% off the entire month of December, and What the Dickens? A Christmas Carol reading is back and better than ever. All events are free and begin at 7pm unless otherwise specified.
- Tonight, we welcome The Minimalists, Joshua Fields Milburn and Ryan Nicodemus, who will tell us how to shun our possessions and live a better life. Sounds pretty good post–Black Friday, eh?
- Tomorrow we’re welcoming back The Baffler for "Ayn Rand: The Game Show" with Thomas Frank and Julie Klausner.
- Wednesday we’re super excited to be hosting the Bushwick Book Club as they celebrate Mark Twain in song. Guaranteed good times.
- And Thursday we host a discussion of Canada’s Polaris Prize with founder Steve Jordan and journalists Alan Light and Maura Johnston.
- We close at 6PM Friday, then this weekend is the Monthly Sale: 30% off storewide. We love you too.